More patients who struggle with frequent sinus infections are choosing the balloon sinuplasty procedure — both for the procedure’s minimally-invasive aspects as well as for the extremely high balloon sinuplasty success rate.
And just what is the balloon sinuplasty success rate? According to a multicenter study involving 1,036 patients, the balloon sinuplasty success rate is around 95 percent. Indeed, most patients who choose the balloon sinuplasty procedure see an immediate and permanent improvement in their sinus issues.
Discover why this procedure is so special and how it’s given thousands of patients the long-lasting sinus relief they deserve.
What is balloon sinuplasty?
Balloon sinuplasty is a minimally-invasive procedure during which an ear, nose, and throat (ENT) doctor inserts an endoscopically balloon within the nasal cavity. When this small balloon is slowly inflated, it widens and restructures the walls of the sinus passages. This procedure (along with a subsequent saline flush) clears mucus from the impacted sinuses and restores proper sinus drainage.
For more information, please read our in-depth article: What is Balloon Sinuplasty?
Am I a good balloon sinuplasty candidate?
Balloon sinuplasty has helped patients struggling with frequent sinus infections, frequent sinus headaches, and other chronic sinus issues that have not responded to traditional treatment (including balloon sinuplasty for deviated septum).
Take our sinus quiz to see if balloon sinuplasty is right for you.
What are the advantages of balloon sinuplasty?
In addition to the high balloon sinuplasty success rate, this procedure differs from other, more traditional sinus surgeries in many ways.
The following are reasons why we recommend this procedure to those who qualify
- Minimally invasive with minimal risk of infection: Because the procedure does not involve the cutting or removal of tissue or bone, balloon sinuplasty has a minimal risk of infection or complications
- Outpatient procedure: Balloon sinuplasty can be performed in-office and in less than 20 minutes. Patients leave the same day.
- Fast recovery time: Due to its minimally-invasive nature, patients who undergo the balloon sinuplasty procedure are often able to return to work between 24 and 48 hours.
- Few-to-no side effects: Most patients experience few-to-no side effects after the procedure. Reported side effects include slight congestion after balloon sinuplasty, headache, and nasal bleeding, all of which typically resolve within 24 hours.
- Balloon sinuplasty is FDA-approved
Is balloon sinuplasty permanent?
The extent of your sinus issues can affect how long your sinuses passages stay open after balloon sinuplasty. It is unlikely that you would require repeat procedures, but it can happen. The vast majority of patients report long-lasting relief — thus the high balloon sinuplasty success rate!
Make an appointment to learn more about the balloon sinuplasty success rate
The balloon sinuplasty success rate is high for a reason. For those who struggle to gain relief through traditional methods or are impacted by multiple sinus infections a year, balloon sinuplasty may help.
Curious? Come see Dr. Bequer at Sinus Solutions of South Florida. Dr. Bequer is a leading balloon sinuplasty expert in the West Palm Beach area and has helped thousands of Floridians breathe easier with the balloon sinuplasty procedure.
To discuss the balloon sinuplasty success rate at Sinus Solutions of South Florida and set up an initial consultation with Dr. Bequer, call 561-790-7744 today.
Other Helpful Articles by Sinus Solutions of South Florida: